Running has become a very popular exercise on the beautiful shores of the Gold Coast. But far too often we experience many new beginners to the sport coming to PhysioFlex with calf, and shin pain. Here are some simple tips for when you start your running program:
- Always start off with short walk and run periods.2. Ensure small increments in exercise
- Ensure small increments in exercise
- Keep to a firmer surface and avoid the softer sands.
- Have very supportive footware. If unsure, visit us at Physioflex on the Gold coast.
- Stretch before bed. This will also avoid cramping throughout the night.
- Trigger point release each calf (gastrocnemius and soleus muscles) predominantly after exercise. This can be done with a foam roller or a small trigger point ball available at Physioflex
This should keep each of you in great shape! If you have any queries or questions please do not hesitate to call us on 55911816!