Our Physiotherapists are highly experienced in applying Acupuncture (under the paradigms of Dry Needling and Western Acupuncture), as a method for providing pain relief and assisting in injury rehabilitation. They follow strict protocols developed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA).
Acupuncture is used by our Physiotherapists as a stand-alone treatment or as an effective adjunct to other physiotherapy or medical treatments. Generally, it is used to lessen musculoskeletal pain and improve injury recovery time.
Acupuncture can assist with:
- Increased blood flow to muscle
- Reduced spasticity caused by stroke
- Neck and shoulder mysofascial trigger point release
- Reduce headache pain
- Temporomandibular (jaw) myofascial pain
- Improved neck movement and pain
- Improved low back pain
- Fibromyalgia (widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues)
- Positive expectation and outlook increases analgesic affect
- Analgesic effect in arthritic joints