In 2020, we were all dealing with a fright from the COVID-19 pandemic and it forced our team to think outside the box. So we created these online telehealth physio services. Physioflex understands the new environment, the precautions we all like to take and the restrictions this places on us.
Telehealth Physio Services
This allows everybody to stay in self-isolation, to quarantine or to socially distance themselves and stay in the comfort of your own home appropriately.
The video telehealth calls are open to everybody and include all types of funding (as would apply to normal in clinic consults) to help you financially cover the cost of your treatment and health.
These services are particularly beneficial for the elderly, immunocompromised, the vulnerable in our population and all those that are currently under self isolation and quarantine. Evidence has also shown that online Telehealth Physio services, across a range of modalities was as effective, if not more, than usual care.
Some of our important points to remember are:
- We have highly qualified Physiotherapists that will be taking your consultation online.
- Diagnosis has been been shown in the research to be equally as effective over a video telehealth call as in person within the clinic.
- We use Physitrack to allow you to watch videos of exercises in real time with the Physio so that they can explain the exercise. You are then also able to ask any questions.
- Encrypted and certified to ensure your privacy.
- National wide coverage.
- And we will help you to connect with the technology through Physiapp! Its nice and easy!
- Call and make a booking with one of our qualified telehealth Physiotherapists
- Link sent via text or email (PhysiApp)
- Telehealth Video call will start on your device (Phone or computer/laptop/ipad.
- A thorough assessment will then be carried out. You may be asked to stand up and complete certain movements and also illustrate your area of concern.
- A diagnosis provided.
- Self-management provided including:
- a video based exercise program on your device (Physiapp).
- Tracking of your progress through the app. The Physio is also available for messaging and feedback.
- Immediate advice including hot or cold, anti-flammatories, exercise products or tips on positions to assume or activities to modify.
- Referral on to other health or medical professionals as required.
- A follow up appointment provided.
Telehealth Physio Pricing
- Initial Consult (~40minutes) = $110
- Follow Up Consult (~30minutes) = $110
- Extended Consults** (~60minutes) = $150 **Recommended for NDIS + complex cases or more than one area
- DVA (Department of Veteran Affairs) (Bulk billed)
- Medicare (bulk billed),
- Work Cover (Bulk Billed),
- Insurance claims (Bulk Billed),
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme, and
- Private paying clients.